Required: shell scripting wizard!

David Bovill david at vaudevillecourt.tv
Fri Jan 14 08:54:40 EST 2011

Actually maybe it is not so hard :) I want to  create a way to launch
LiveCode using shell, but also to pass to it a url in the first param of the
shell command. As I don't think you can do this directly anymore using shell
scritps written in LiveCode - I think I need to write a bash script and set
an environmental variable which I can then access using $ in Livecode?

This is what I need to do:

A shell command used to launch your preferred web browser when given a
URL as an argument.