Global in debugger redux

DunbarX at aol.com DunbarX at aol.com
Thu Jan 13 17:14:11 EST 2011

Per Thierry, I made the hack he suggested in the revDebugger stack script
to filter out those unfilterable globals. I tried it earlier but must have
done something wrong. Anyway, it works, and is a pleasure to have only your
own declared globals appear when debugging. This was discussed a bit last
October/November.

I still wonder why unHilliting "show globals" in the script editor
preferences will not do its job.

I modified his script slightly, and if anyone is interested, again, per his
very astute hack:

Replace the existing function "revDebuggerValidGlobalNames" at line 225 in
the stack script with:

function revDebuggerValidGlobalNames
    local tGlobalsRaw
    put the globals into tGlobalsRaw
    replace comma with return in tGlobalsRaw

    filter tGlobalsRaw without "*(x86)"
    filter tGlobalsRaw without "$*"
    filter tGlobalsRaw without "grev*"
    replace return with comma in tGlobalsRaw

    return tGlobalsRaw
end revDebuggerValidGlobalNames

Thank goodness.

Craig Newman