Layers, revNavigator, & DataGrids

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Thu Jan 13 08:21:15 EST 2011

On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 2:20 PM, Paul Looney <support at ahsomme.com> wrote:

> Having adjusted the object layers in an older version of Rev, the DataGrids
> will not work on the stack when it is reopened in LC 4.0 or 4.5.1. All of
> the grid objects are there but they have no "intelligence":

You probably opened the stack in a version of LiveCode that didn't support
behaviors. When it was saved all of the links between objects contained in a
data grid group and their respective behaviors were wiped out. There are a
number of behaviors you would need to reset in the data grid.

In case you want to try and reassign the behaviors I have included a list of
controls and their behaviors. I dropped a data grid on a new stack and ran a
script that generated a list of controls in the data grid and the behavior
assigned to each one:

behavior for group "DataGrid 1": button "Data Grid" of group "Behaviors" of
card "card id 1002" of stack "revDataGridLibrary"

behavior for button "dgTrackDragDrop" of group "DataGrid 1" of card id 1002
of stack "Untitled 1": button "Track Drag & Drop" of group "Behaviors" of
card "card id 1002" of stack "revDataGridLibrary"

behavior for group "dgList" of group "dgListMask" of group "DataGrid 1" of
card id 1002 of stack "Untitled 1": button "dgList Message Catcher" of group
"Behaviors" of card "card id 1002" of stack "revDataGridLibrary"

behavior for group "dgDropIndicator" of group "dgListMask" of group
"DataGrid 1" of card id 1002 of stack "Untitled 1": button "Drop Indicator"
of group "Behaviors" of card "card id 1002" of stack "revDataGridLibrary"

behavior for group "dgHeaderMask" of group "dgHeaderComponents" of group
"DataGrid 1" of card id 1002 of stack "Untitled 1": button "Header Mask" of
group "Behaviors" of card "card id 1002" of stack "revDataGridLibrary"

behavior for group "dgHeader" of group "dgHeaderMask" of group
"dgHeaderComponents" of group "DataGrid 1" of card id 1002 of stack
"Untitled 1": button "Header" of group "Behaviors" of card "card id 1002" of
stack "revDataGridLibrary"

behavior for scrollbar "dgHScrollbar" of group "dgHorizontalComponents" of
group "DataGrid 1" of card id 1002 of stack "Untitled 1": button "Horizontal
Scrollbar" of group "Behaviors" of card "card id 1002" of stack
"revDataGridLibrary"

behavior for scrollbar "dgScrollbar" of group "DataGrid 1" of card id 1002
of stack "Untitled 1": button "Vertical Scrollbar" of group "Behaviors" of
card "card id 1002" of stack "revDataGridLibrary"

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Learning Systems