Update screen during lengthy process

Thierry th.douez at sunnyrevtalk.com
Wed Jan 12 11:45:03 EST 2011

Le 12 janv. 2011 à 14:52, Richard Gaskin a écrit :

> So I needed both a way to indicate progress, and a way to cancel the task, just as you do.

Hi Richard,

I had the same problem with one of my external written in C.
and that's exactly what I've done. ( different context, but same solution )

The C code is using 100% of the CPU for quite a while, and with a user's option,
there is a way to update a progress bar or whatever, and this works like a charm.

on Progress x
 set the thumbposition of ... to x
 wait 1 milliseconds with message
end Progress

on mouseUp
 AbortProcess
end mouseUp

The Progress is called from the external,
and AbortProcess is send to the external.

Regards,
Thierry