How do I set the icon from an OSX app to a button?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sun Jan 9 12:25:31 EST 2011

Mike Bonner wrote:
> To get the icon is a 2 stage process. Do a shell call, designate a temporary
> folder to put the extracted icons. Step 2 import them.

How does one translate the icns data to a format LC understands?

Maybe this would make a good library, with functions to extract the
image data from icns and ico files (on Linux not needed since they
wisely use PNGs) for use in LC image objects.

What is the format for an individual image in an icns file, and how are
the boundaries defined?

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World