Software Order Processing Service?

Scott Morrow scott at elementarysoftware.com
Sun Jan 9 04:01:20 EST 2011

Hello Scott,

As Robert Mann noted, you can do this with on-rev and PayPal's ipn (Instant  Payment Notification) mechanism.  If you decide to use this route, the script below gives the basics of how I scripted a beginning.

<?rev
#--To verify the message, we must send back the contents in the exact order they were received
#--and precede it with the command _notify-validate, as follows:
#--https://www.sandbox.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_notify-validate&mc_gross=19.95&protection_eligibility=Eligible&address_status=confirmed&...&shipping=0.00
#-- PayPal will then send one single-word message:
#--  either   VERIFIED     or     INVALID
#-- https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr
#-- OR
#-- https://www.sandbox.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr

#-- get exactly what was sent
put $_POST_RAW into tPostRaw
put "?cmd=_notify-validate&" before tPostRaw
#-- Check if transaction is valid with PayPal (reply back to PayPal)
#-- Discover whether we are playing in the sandbox or are live
if  $_POST["payer_email"] contains "paypalsandbox.com" then
    get URL ("https://www.sandbox.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" & tPostRaw)
else
    get URL ("https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" & tPostRaw)
end if
#-- record PayPal's response (for validation)
put it into tPayPalReply

#--parse out the data we want

#-- Identification
put $_POST["verify_sign"] into tVerificationSign
put $_POST["receiver_id"] into tSellerID -- my ID

#-- Customer
put $_POST["first_name"] into tFirstName

<snip>

Scott Morrow

Elementary Software
(Now with 20% less chalk dust!)