Menu Question

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sat Jan 8 20:55:37 EST 2011

On 1/8/11 6:53 PM, Joe Lewis Wilkins wrote:
> Hi Jacqui,
>
> Once a menu has been clicked on or opened using Alt/F (for the File
> Menu) I want to be able to navigate within the menu using the Up and
> Down Arrow Keys, or go to the next menu with the Right Arrow key.
> This is a common method used by Window's users. I remember some time
> back that we could do the same on Macs. I'm not a keyboard person
> myself, so I'd actually forgotten about this technique.

If the menu group is set as the stack's menubar, the arrow keys work
automatically the way you want without any scripting.If the menu has
focus, the arrow keys should work as-is. (I just tried it in a new stack
in Windows 7.) You may have some handlers that are interfering. If you
have an arrowkey handler, check to see if the target is your menubar
group and just pass arrowkey if that's the case.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com