[OT] Table Creation Syntax + Visual SQL Query Builder // A GREAT Mac Cocoa MYSQL tool - Donationware

Peter Haworth pete at mollysrevenge.com
Thu Jan 6 14:47:25 EST 2011

SQLite does have an ALTER TABLE command.  You can use it to rename a table or add a column but that's all.  I've used the same technique as Bob to get the CREATE command for a table and I believe that the sql syntax is updated by an ALTER command, not a second entry created.  I use the SQLite admin plugin for Firefox do other types of table structure changes and it does indeed unload the table, delete it, then load it again and it seem to recreate any indexes/triggers associated with the table.  The CREATE syntax in th mastr table is recreated automatically since the table is re-created.

Pete Haworth