Mac App Store compliance

Lynn Fredricks lfredricks at proactive-intl.com
Tue Jan 4 11:45:55 EST 2011

> But again, I would be very happy to be wrong on this.
>
> Anyone here know whether the App Store agreement is an exclusive one?

AFAIK (and its gone through a host of Japanese lawyers Ive worked with),
Apple isn't asking for exclusivity. But they are asking for specifics on the
version that is sold on their site.

One possibility is to disable some features from the versions sold through
the Mac App Store, but then enable those sold through your own store - but
make those available through a form of "license trade" registration. It
seems to me like you can make the "direct" version so attractive that it
could be very compeling way to regain much of the user base info that Apple
should be giving you.

Best regards,

Lynn Fredricks
Mirye Software Publishing