Quicktime VR Replacement in LiveCode?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Mon Jan 3 17:49:15 EST 2011

Lynn Fredricks wrote:

> I find the state of Quicktime VR to be saddening. It seems like there are
> oodles of solutions for dealing with panoramas and various VR formats
> (cubes, etc) with Flash, but I was wondering if someone has come up with a
> solution for LiveCode. Anyone know? Anyone care? :-) Just thinking, it might
> be possible to do a sort of skydome thing in Franklin 3D but I wonder if
> just for working with photos there wouldn't be an easier way.

For the relatively few systems with QuickTime installed, LiveCode's
support for QTVR is pretty good - see the node-related properties in the
Dictionary.

It's nice, but the small number of QT installs on the 89% that run
Windows, and the complete absence of QT on Linux, make it increasingly a
non-starter for most projects here.

I don't do much professionally with QTVR, but I have enjoyed it as a
hobby and am interested in seeing where this discussion leads.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World