As Sheet Dialog

Joe Lewis Wilkins pepetoo at cox.net
Mon Jan 3 15:59:55 EST 2011

Hi Richard,

Thanks for chiming in. The size and case of the text. More and more senior citizens use computers and many have vision problems as acute or worse than my own. For instance, the LC splash screen cannot be read by me due to the colors that are used, which is even worse than the often, small text sizes.

Actually, the program I'm currently creating is for the purpose of evaluating ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) issues; something that has become a major source of litigation with property owners. The regulations are quite complex. Big bucks are being exchanged, particularly here in California, but it is a Nation-wide issue as well. As our population grows older and we have more and more disabled service people returning to civilian life, it is VERY important that we address these issues EVERYWHERE. Apple has done a pretty good job. M$ has not kept pace. If I were using a PC, I'd have to shut my doors. This, incidentally, is not just my opinion. Lawyers are charging huge fees for confronting property owners with lack of compliance. There is a new "ambulance chasing" mentality in the legal professions.

Joe Lewis Wilkins
Architect & Director of Product Development for GSI
<www.glsysinc.com>