As Sheet Dialog

Nonsanity rev at nonsanity.com
Mon Jan 3 12:04:01 EST 2011

Modal as in not being able to interact with any of the other controls on the
stack? Making a stack-sized invisible button (or lightly tinted and
transparent, even) just behind your psudo-dialog would prevent that. For
menus and other stacks, you'd have to add additional code - swap the full
menus for a smaller set with just what's allowed when the modal is up, hide
other stack windows...

Or just make a stack for the dialog with a custom frame and appearance and
use it as a normal modal dialog.

Back in the Hypercard days, I used a locked, transparent text field with
show lines turned on and a linesize of 2. This created a grid of dots over
the background that couldn't be clicked through. Ah, the fun of 1-bit
graphics...

 ~ Chris Innanen
 ~ Nonsanity