On-Rev Server Access

Francis Nugent Dixon effendi at wanadoo.fr
Mon Jan 3 06:43:41 EST 2011

Hi from Beautiful Brittany,

I used Filezilla, (now I use CyberDuck) to load my HTML pages
to my on-Rev server.

Sometimes, when I uploaded .php files, I had "perms" problems,
that is, when I entered my .php files (for password control),
my .php file was displayed on screen, and then froze.

I solved the problem by :

Using cPanel File Manager to upload my .php files
or
resetting the incorrect perms in cPanel.

However, File Manager seemed to take eons to upload
anything but simple html files, which is why I use
Cyberduck whenever I can.

Now, I don't know why I had problems, but sometimes
we solve problems by successive blundering ... :>)

FWIW

Happy New Year to all.

-Francis

"Nothing should ever be done for the first time !"