using mySQL on a web-based server

Bob Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Mon Feb 28 19:21:09 EST 2011

Ya the "proper" way to do it is to put a server in front of the SQL and access it that way. Mind you I am currently developing an app that connects directly to an SQL database, so I'm not so proper, but I feel that the level of security to the On-Rev site, restricting connections to specific IP's and such, is going to be good enough, and the information I am putting up there is not critical or sensitive. I wouldn't recommend the approach to anyone developing apps for clients.

Bob