Cursed by insertions

Peter Haworth pete at mollysrevenge.com
Sun Feb 27 15:12:17 EST 2011

I think Richmond is referring to the insertion point, not the cursor.  I have noticed this before - if you place the insertion point somewhere in an LC control, switch to another application, then switch back to LC, the insertion point is gone.  This is on a Mac.  Other applications on the Mac don't act this way, they show the insertion point where it was last time you were in them.

The dictionary description of the selectedLoc seems to imply it refers to the top left coordinates of any selected text - does it work if there is no text selected but you need to find out where the insertion point is?

Pete Haworth