Recording audio with LC

Tim Selander selander at tkf.att.ne.jp
Thu Feb 24 10:57:12 EST 2011

I have hundreds, maybe thousands, of cassette tapes my company
wants to archive on hard disk. (OSX, Mac)

I bought a 16 input USB audio interface and 8 cassette decks.
This way I can record 8 tapes at a time to disk. Tested and
working in a 'normal' sound app -- Cubase.

But I have to baby-sit the machine in order to stop recording.

I'd like to program LC to automate the process a bit -- stop
recording after 60 minutes, name resulting files, move to
appropriate folders, etc.

I'm sure I've read on the list about people using LC/Rev to
record audio, but can find no reference to it in the manual.

Can LC record audio under script control? Can it properly select
the Core Audio input to record from? Any pointers to
documentation or sample code snippets appreciated!

Tim Selander
Tokyo, Japan