remote mySQL connection not working

Terry Judd tsj at unimelb.edu.au
Tue Feb 22 17:33:50 EST 2011

Ton - I'd still suspect a problem with the variable or the variable name.
Invisible characters have a habit of creeping into the script editor if your
fingers are as clumsy as mine. Try deleting the relevant bits of code and
retyping them.

I make mySQL connections all the time using variables (as in your example)
and it works just fine.

Terry...