Android Tablets

Colin Holgate coiin at verizon.net
Mon Feb 21 13:20:47 EST 2011

On Feb 21, 2011, at 1:07 PM, Andre Garzia wrote:

> Not an android and not released but RIM new tablet has the form factor you
> want... I think it is called playbook or something similar.

The PlayBook is a seven inch screen, and is even wider ratio than Android. The screen pixel size is 1024x600, so you could design something for iPad, but put design elements at the top and bottom, with the important stuff in the middle 600 pixels. Then it could be usable on both. If LC could publish to PlayBook that is!

Currently they don't really exist though.

Here's a page comparing it with iPad:

http://www.knowyourmobile.com/comparisons/613275/rim_playbook_vs_apple_ipad.html

and one that has leaked pricing at release dates ($499 and end of March beginning of April):

http://www.tabletpcreview.com/default.asp?newsID=1973&news=rim+blackberry+playbook+tablet