RevServer deployment on OSX Server

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Fri Feb 18 21:21:28 EST 2011

On 2/18/11 7:52 PM, Alex Tweedly wrote:

> I meant irev scripts. I want to have some functionality be hidden from
> people with access to the scripts on a web site (say, a funciton that
> uploads things to my ftp site, so contains my ftp username and password).
>
> If I was using CGI I could password protect that stack - but then the
> other people would need LC to be able to do anything to the CGI scripts.

I have a similar thing with Zygodact. I use a text file CGI script that
does some of the work, and it puts the passworded stack in use when it
needs to do the private stuff. The text file is editable by anyone who
can access the server, but the stack is locked from everyone.

But I get your point. It will be convenient when irev and stacks can
share code. I also hadn't thought about the image manipulation
capabilities that was mentioned too.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com