RevServer deployment on OSX Server

Keith Clarke keith.clarke at clarkeandclarke.co.uk
Fri Feb 18 14:32:19 EST 2011

Thanks for persevering with me Jaque (et al). I think I get the subtlety now.

RevServer will not be a web server that interprets deployed stacks' UI elements as web pages. Stacks deployed to revServer are purely a convenient container for server-side scripts - to avoid the need to save the scripts out to text files. Any browser UI elements would be contained within a separate revlet stack that is deployed to the server as an application - to be downloaded into the LiveCode plug-in within the browser.

So, development of client and server functionality is undertaken separately and as revServer ≈ PHP, the LAMP server stack becomes LAML - or, if arrays are sufficient for persistence, LAL.

I get it but given my requirements, that begs another question - and another thread...
Thanks again,
Keith..