Google Store...

Colin Holgate coiin at verizon.net
Fri Feb 18 13:23:34 EST 2011

On Feb 18, 2011, at 1:06 PM, Bob Sneidar wrote:

> >I think if Apple maintains it's position they are going to alienate the major developers.

Amazon are more of a publisher/distributor than a developer. Their free Kindle apps lead to sales of their books, and whether they make $10 selling direct (and having to pay all that it takes to host the info and handle the sale), or a measly $7 by having Apple do the hosting, they are still making a lot of money for something that isn't a physical thing.

The smaller developers stand to fundamentally change their lives by making apps for the App Store. I know of one small developer who just paid his tax for the year, after having one app that did well. The tax alone was £50K. I don't think he is complaining about Apple having made some money too.