Google Store...

Bob Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Fri Feb 18 13:06:24 EST 2011

I think if Apple maintains it's position they are going to alienate the major developers. It may be that Apple is not after the major developers anyway, and are thinking about small developers who start out selling an app on the store, hit huge success with it, and then try to market out of store to avoid paying Apple. I think they may be trying to protect themselves from anyone using the store as a launching platform with all the exposure they would get, and then if they are successful, bypass Apple at a later time.

If the DOJ goes after Apple, it may end up that the people who thought that Apple was going to rule the world can rest easier. I guess in a healthy economy everything eventually balances everything else. I don't understand Antitrust though. I thought that was when multiple companies selling a similar product conspire to fix prices. Wouldn't it fall more under Monopoly?

Bob