[OT] Apple at it again

Bob Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Wed Feb 16 16:34:31 EST 2011

On Feb 16, 2011, at 10:54 AM, David C. wrote:

> Oh pooh! Anyone old enough to be past the grade school age has had to
> deal with such things.... and your inference to someone else being
> cowardly might just be a be cowardly by your own measure. <rolling
> eyes>
Except that I am communicating directly with the person who then has a chance to reply, whereas Steve Jobs is not here to defend himself, his actions or those of his company's.

> The fact of the matter is that Mr. Jobs and Apple are in a very public
> position that effect millions of people on this planet, so the things
> they do or do not do, ARE subject to public scrutiny. Both good and
> bad.
I don't debate the point. I agree with you in fact. What sets me back is the particular loathing some of the comments about Apple and Steve Jobs seem to indicate. Go ahead and say you think Apple is wrong. I think they have been wrong about a lot of things. There are some things they did with Server I am fairly incensed about. But isn't calling Steve Jobs a dictator and control freak in another category all together?

> Whether you personally approve of them or not, opinions differing from
> your always constant and immediate defense of Mr. Jobs and Apple are
> just as valid as any argument that you might offer publicly.... and
> chances are pretty good that for all of your defense nad bluster, you
> DO NOT KNOW HIM either.
But I am not saying negative things about him. I am not saying positive things either. But let's not continue this any further. You seem to be very upset about all of this. Perhaps I've struck a nerve. My apologies.

> Best regards,
> David C.
And the best to you also.
Bob S.