[OT] Apple at it again

David C. davidocoker at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 15:48:32 EST 2011

On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 2:03 PM, J. Landman Gay
<jacque at hyperactivesw.com> wrote:
> On 2/16/11 11:57 AM, David C. wrote:
>
>> What you are overlooking is that vendors like Amazon have already
>> invested who knows how much, to build and provide first class
>> applications for Apple products and their customers.
>
> True. But as I understand it, it is still possible to purchase content at
> Amazon using a regular web browser, and then load the books into the
> i-device, right? It's an extra step but it can be done.
>
> --
> Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com

Hello Jacque,
Hummm.... I may well be wrong, but I don't think so.

I became an Amazon e-book customer because the KIndle reader
application for my original iPhone is better than anything else I've
tried. I also now own a Kindle 2, but a large portion of my library
was purchased for reading on the iPhone beforehand, and I've never
heard of the purchasing option that you mentioned.

I do know for certainty that PDF's and e-books of other formats can be
emailed to a user account to be converted to work with the Kindle, as
long as there isn't any DRM content involved.  Unless you are correct,
that means folks that own Amazon based e-book content will be forced
to purchase Kindle hardware, should Amazon not decide to toe the line
with Apple's demands.

--
Best regards,
David C.