[OT] Apple at it again

Bob Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Wed Feb 16 13:20:15 EST 2011

You are then saying that Apple has violated some contract or agreement, or at least a commonly understood "fair practices" common law with the vendors. Well and good. There's grounds for a lawsuit then.

But character assassinations of people we do not at all know personally, behind the impenetrable shield of the Internet, seems to me a bit cowardly. I am sensitive to these kinds of attack, because I have been the victim of them for years in the past and only found out later what was going on. A person I had pissed off by not giving them what they thought they were "owed" (admin rights to "his" computer) had been badmouthing me with everyone everywhere he went at work. I had such a bad reputation for being mean spirited, that people who had never met me before were actually afraid of me. I couldn't understand why when I went waaay out of my way to be kind considerate and polite to people that they still treated me like I was their enemy. It really got me down for a long time until someone had the courage to tell me that this person had been talking badly about me for years.

When I finally confronted him about it, the whole thing revolved around the fact that I had gotten management to tell him to stop disabling SSH and Remote Management on the Mac that was really owned by the company, not him. That was it. Years of character assassination because of a personal hair up his arse.

So when people talk about what a jerk Steve Jobs is, they may be right, but only by accident, because they DO NOT KNOW HIM.

Bob