Problem transferring focus to another object

Terry Judd tsj at unimelb.edu.au
Tue Feb 15 14:41:27 EST 2011

Thanks Craig - I'm trying to create a cross-platform control so
unfortunately I can't use a Mac only option menu. Additionally, I want to
use a small text size in the menu - hence the need to fake a menu with a
field rather than with a proper menu (the overall effect I'm looking for is
like the option menus you see if you do a find (cmd-F in a Finder window on
the Mac). Anyway, it turns out it's not so easy to simulate a menu that
behaves properly when the mouse is both clicked and left open or
continuously held down. I've got it mostly working now - I just have to come
up with a method for closing the menu when the user clicks away from it.

Terry...

--
Dr Terry Judd | Senior Lecturer in Medical Education
Medical Education Unit