Stackfiles followup

Peter Haworth pete at
Mon Feb 14 15:01:59 EST 2011

My front scripts are now working OK after I addedd "of stack "xyz" to my insert commands as Jacqueline suggested.

However, it looks like I have some wholesale changes to make to get my stackFiles working correctly with regard to my behavior scripts.  The buttons that hold the behavior scripts are in a substack.  I've included the name of the behaviors substack and it's main stack in the stackfiles, both pointing to the same file path but the behaviors still aren't recognised by the controls that point to them.  I tried putting just the main stack into stackFiles and adding the statement "open stack "xyzsub of stack "xyz"  - the behaviors still aren't recognised.

The behaviors are specified in the form "button id 1234 of stack "xyzSub".  I tried adding "of stack "xyz" after the behavior specifications but the IDE simply removes that text.

At this point, it feels like I will have to put the behaviors onto a card in its own mainstack.  The problem with that, I think, is that all the behavior buttons will end up with new IDs and I'll be left with hundreds of controls that point to a non-existant button ID.  I guess I could write a script to go through all the controls that have behaviors and put the correct button IDs into them but looking for other suggestions before I do that.

I guess I'm OK with not using stackfiles as long as the alternative deals with standalone applications OK and ti doesn't result in duplicated behavior code.

Pete Haworth

-------------- next part --------------

More information about the Use-livecode mailing list