stackFiles

Monte Goulding monte at sweattechnologies.com
Mon Feb 14 00:05:23 EST 2011

On 14/02/2011, at 3:43 PM, Mark Wieder wrote:

> Monte-
>
> Sunday, February 13, 2011, 7:49:38 PM, you wrote:
>
>> I believe you will have to add the substack with the behavior
>> buttons on it to the stackfiles too because the behavior rugged id
>> doesn't include a mainstack reference.
>
> Urk. That's quite a gotcha. Is there a bug filed against this?

No idea, I never thought of it as a bug until you suggested it ;-)

Umm... the docs say the behavior is in the form of a long id which is not true because the long id will include the substack name. So I guess it is either a docs bug or an engine one. It would be handy to have a modifier for the id property to return this not quite abbreviated & not quite long form of ID:

I personally like the idea that the behavior doesn't include the mainstack name so I can copy the substacks I store my behaviors on out of my object library into the standalone at build time without anything breaking ;-)

Cheers

Monte