Working ScreenRect: Linux

David C. davidocoker at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 17:26:53 EST 2011

On Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 1:56 PM, Richmond <richmondmathewson at gmail.com> wrote:
> Aaagh!
>
> On Linux (Ubuntu 11.04 beta with GNOME) there is no difference between the
> screenRect
> and the working screenRect
>
> Livecode FAILS to pick up GNOME panels, Avant Window Navigator and Docky.
>
> I am not entirely surpised by AWN and Docky as they are add-ons; but the
> failure to pick
> up my top Panel is a bit disconcerting.

> Please; anybody using Linux (Peter, Peter and Peter???) try and compare
> items 3 and 4 of screenRect and working screenRect . . .
>
> Of course if anyone is running Linux with KDE, XFCE or Enlightenment
> feedback
> would be even more instructive . . .  :)

Hello Richmond,

Unfortunate news it seems... I'm running Linux Mint with a 1600x900
flat screen and standard (single) panel setup....

...both screenRect and working screenRect show exactly the same
results here also. I'd say that the "working" adjective of screenRect
is broken in Linux, because it does in fact, return the difference in
taskbar height on Windows, just as it should.

Sorry, but I do not have access to any other window managers at the moment.

Best regards,
David C.