If Not FTP - then?

Dave Cragg dave.cragg at lacscentre.co.uk
Wed Feb 9 12:21:47 EST 2011

On 9 Feb 2011, at 17:10, JACK RARICK wrote:

>> I've tried!  I really have. But I just can't get it. Is there a trick or secret that any of you might have to use FTP behind a proxy server?
>
>> No good news. As far as I know, there is no built-in support for FTP over a proxy server.
>
> That makes sense! - but is there a work around to move files back and forth through LiveCode?

It depends on your needs, put if you don't need to browse the files on the server side, you could use http. You'd need appropriate scripts (php, iRev, etc.) on the server.

You could try the curl library. (A number of people on the list use it.)

I guess it would also be possible to hack the libUrl script to support FTP over a proxy. If someone has already done this, hopefully they'll chip in. But I think there are different types of FTP proxy servers (SOCKS, FTP proxy, FTP over http proxy), which makes it more complicated than http over a proxy.

Ah.. Andre has just joined in. Good. (Hi Andre)

Dave