Obtaining the public IP of a computer...

Nonsanity form at nonsanity.com
Wed Feb 9 10:32:30 EST 2011

If you want to know the address on the front of the building, you sorta have
to go outside and look. Or in this case, ask someone who's already outside
to tell you.

William's answer is probably your simplest and stablest bet. Drop it in the
msg box:

put URL "http://www.whatismyip.com/automation/n09230945.asp"

whatismyip has been around for many years, and is likely to remain. They
made that link exactly for the purpose we need it for here. They talk about
it in a post here:

http://forum.whatismyip.com/f14/our-automation-rules-t241/

Of course, if you have your own server, making a similar URL with the same
response isn't too hard, whatever your server flavor is. This has the added
benefit of giving you some usage statistics if you want to collect them.

 ~ Chris Innanen
 ~ Nonsanity