OSX cmd & alt modifiers on left and right arrow keys in text

Björnke von Gierke bvg at mac.com
Wed Feb 9 07:08:38 EST 2011

On 9 Feb 2011, at 11:13, Keith Clarke wrote:

> Can I set something in my LiveCode preferences to change this setting - ideally in the IDE but at least for any OSX stand alone apps?

Besides custom coding selection changes by rawkeydown trapping, no. THe existing behaviour is a weird middle ground between how windows and mac os do things, with one or two unix conventions added for flavour. Somewhen, someone decided it should be this way, most likely based on personal preference.