Working ScreenRect

Klaus on-rev klaus at major.on-rev.com
Tue Feb 8 10:23:45 EST 2011

Hi Richmond,

> The working screenRect for Windows XP tells me that the XP taskBar is 30 pixels fat:
>
> put ((item 4 of the working screenRect) - (item 4 of the screenRect)) into fatness
>
> and that for Windows ME, 98 and 95 it is 28 pixels.
>
> I don't have access to Windows Vista or 7: would be most grateful if someone could
> let me know the fatness of their respective taskbars.

since the user can resize even the taskbar, and I have seen many people do this,
these info might be not too helpful.

Best will still be the way you currently calculate it!

> ======================
> I notice, oddly enough,
>
> put the working screenRect
>
> on my Mac Mini gives me 0,22,1680,1004
>
> and
>
> put the screenRect gives me 0,0,1680,1050
>
> now I know the fatness of the mac menubar is 22; so how that gets into item 2, and what 1004 means
> I just don't know.

Do you have a "Dock"? :-)
This does also have a "height" (usually something around 50 pixels), even when not visible (autohide)

> Richmond.

Best

Klaus

--