Barely competition

Bob Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Mon Feb 7 14:54:34 EST 2011

Reminds me of Filemaker when it first came out with the ability to write your own "programs". No scripting language just "widgets" so to speak.

What actually happens is that the widgets do not always have the particular functionality you need, and you always end up saying, "If only it did this..." or "if only it did that!" Clicking a bunch of options in a widget interface was mind bogglingly slow for me, and the inability to create variables, and logic flows made Filemaker just a PIG to work with.

That was actually what made me google for a hypercard like development environment, and that was how I (re) discovered Revolution.

Bob