No dial command

Alejandro Tejada capellan2000 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 1 23:22:52 EST 2011

Hi Craig,

Look at this page, from Ken Ray website:
http://www.sonsothunder.com/devres/livecode/tips/port001.htm

Dialing a Phone Number With the modem: Port

> Hello,
>
> Few years ago, I have used the dial function in Hypercard, e.g. : dial
> 05552222
>
> What is the corresponding function in Metacard?
There is none in MetaCard. You could try to build something like that
yourself. E.g.:
on dial dNumber
  open file "modem:" for write
  write "ATDT" && dNumber to file "modem:"
  close file "modem:"
end dial dNumber
Regards, Sjoerd

Posted 2/28/2002 by Sjoerd Op 't Land to the MetaCard List   (See the
complete post/thread)
Macintosh users that want to dial a Phone number from MetaCard using a
Global Village Voice-Modem must add "return" after dNumber.
on dial dNumber -- function by Sjoerd Op 't Land
  open file modem: for write
  write "ATDT" && dNumber && return to file modem:
end dial dNumber
As I don't want to close the modem immediately after dialing, I put the last
handler in a button:
on mouseUp
  close file modem:
end mouseUp