How to get current text hiliteColor in Linux?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue Feb 1 19:18:21 EST 2011

Warren Samples wrote:

> Try this in your terminal:
>
> 'gconftool-2 -g /desktop/gnome/interface/gtk_color_scheme'
>

> Here's what it gives me:
>
> warren at mint-i7 ~ $ gconftool-2
> -g /desktop/gnome/interface/gtk_color_scheme
> fg_color:#3d3d3d3d3d3d
> bg_color:#e0e0deded3d3
> text_color:#c7c7c7c7c7c7
> base_color:#3c3c3b3b3737
> selected_fg_color:#3d3d3d3d3d3d
> selected_bg_color:#d0d0d9d9d3d3
> tooltip_fg_color:#ffffffffffff
> tooltip_bg_color:#2e2e2d2d2a2a

Here I get a "no value set for '/desktop/gnome/interface/gtk_color_scheme'

:(

As much as I appreciate your help (and will no doubt find the other
gconf elements valuable later on), after I posted I realized that the
Lambert Method will work:  enough LC objects take on the appropriate
hilite color automatically (like default buttons, checkboxes that are
set, and others) that I should be able to use those to get what I need.

The extra advantage of the Lambert Method is that it'll (hopefully) work
under KDE as well as Gnome.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World