Nested Group Frustrations

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Fri Dec 30 21:46:10 EST 2011

Pete, there really should be no need to go through the ungrouping hoops you're jumping through. In fact, take a look at the contextual menu you get when right clicking that includes "paste into group" -- this auto opens the group, pastes whatever object is currently on the clipboard, and stops editing the group.  Really handy for a quick addition to a group.  In probably 10 years or more of working with LiveCode type development, I have never run into a situation where ungrouping was needed to get an object into a group, and as others have said, you risk loosing scripts associated with the group, so you'd do well to avoid that practice.

Best Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director
Tactile Media, UX Design