dead handler detector?

Pete pete at mollysrevenge.com
Fri Dec 30 20:19:04 EST 2011

Hi Phil,
I assume you're trying to find handlers that are not referenced by any
other handlers?  I started on a stack a while back to do the reverse of
that - cross reference where handlers are called from but it would show you
which ones are not called from anywhere.

I'll have to search round for it because I kinda left it alone in favor of
doing other things but let me know if this is what you're looking for and
I'll see if I can find it and see what state it's in.

Pete

On Fri, Dec 30, 2011 at 12:29 PM, Phil Davis <revdev at pdslabs.net> wrote:

> Hi folks -
>
> Does anyone have a dead handler detector they would like to share? I
> looked in RevOnline but didn't find anything.
>
> It seems I'm always working on old code that contains handlers that have
> been superseded by other handlers. I would like an easy way to find those
> now-unused handlers and remove them.
>
> I realize the task of detecting dead handlers is conceptually simple but
> more complex when it comes to implementation. Still, maybe you have built
> such a thing that you wouldn't mind sharing.
>
> Happy New Year! (Is it too early to say that?)
> --
> Phil Davis
>
> PDS Labs
> Professional Software Development