Mac OS-X standalone from Windows machine

gpb01 guglielmo at braguglia.ch
Fri Dec 30 15:07:31 EST 2011

Levi Kendall wrote

> Hi All,
>   I'm having a bit of a problem making a standalone application for OS-X
> from a Windows machine.  Actually making it is not the problem really,
> running it is.  The save to standalone works fine and I end up with what I
> am assuming is the executeable in a structure that looks as such:
>
> My Application.app \ Contents \ MacOS \ My Application
>
>   What seems to be the problem is the file at the end "My Application"
> does
> not get the execute flag set on it when being transfered to the OS-X
> filesystem.  My current method of transport was simply to zip the entire
> directory and then unzip the file on the Mac.  This would leave the
> directory structure as is, which I'm assuming is necessary.  However the
> problem is the "My Application" executeable needs to have CHMOD run on it
> in
> order to properly execute because of the execute flag missing on the OS-X
> filesystem.
>
>   Does anyone have any solution to work around this?  Is it necessary to
> have some kind of "installer" program to properly set this up on the OS-X
> end?  Or is there another way to handle it?  If at all possible, I would
> like to be able to handle this from the Windows machine, rather than
> actually needing an OS-X box.
>
> -Levi Kendall

Sorry, no problem here ...
... I created a new Test application on Win 7 64 using LiveCode 5.0.2, saved
and generated the Standalone for Win/OSX/Linux.

Next copied the generated folder (/which contains Win/OS/Linux versions/) on
a shared folder which I can access from an iMac running OS X 10.6.8, copied
on my desktop, double-click on the Test.app ... and the program started :-)

Guglielmo