Combo-box text arrows

Pete pete at mollysrevenge.com
Fri Dec 30 00:08:02 EST 2011

I noticed that too. Just looked at the Apple HUG document for OS X and it
is silent on the matter.  IT feels like the arrow keys should work to me
since they do work in an option menu and and a combo menu is supposed to a
combination of an option menu and a field.

On a related topic, I've always had problems figuring out just how to type
a new value into a combobox.  Is there supposed to be a field at the top of
all the options by default, do I have to leave an empty line in the
choices, or what?

Pete

On Thu, Dec 29, 2011 at 8:34 PM, J. Landman Gay <jacque at hyperactivesw.com>wrote:

> In OS X at least, text arrows don't work in the field portion of a
> combo-box button. Should they? What's considered standard behavior for
> those?
>
> --

Pete