[OT] LIve Video Streaming

Pete pete at mollysrevenge.com
Wed Dec 28 19:08:08 EST 2011

The problem we've always had with board mixes, especially in smaller
venues, is that we have a bagpiper.  The pipes are so loud that the sound
engineer generally has very little, if any, of them in the mix so when you
play back the board mix, they sound like they're not there!  Which some
might say is a good thing!

However, I think the idea of adding some house mics and putting them into
the mix that goes to the camera (but not the house mix) will help with
that.  Depending on the board capabilites, it might also be possible to mix
in the bagpipe channel to the camera mix but not the house mix.

On Wed, Dec 28, 2011 at 3:39 PM, Mark Wieder <mwieder at ahsoftware.net> wrote:

> Pete-
>
> Wednesday, December 28, 2011, 1:34:49 PM, Stephen wrote:
>
> > Get the audio off of the PA separately, however. Distant mics always suck
> > for music, no matter the quality.
>
> I'll defer to Stephen's comments here (and I'm off to check out that
> webcam) but I'll add my vote to this. If you can use the soundboard
> feed (and especially if you can optionally use a different mix from
> the house mix) you'll have a much happier web audience. You can add an
> audience mic to the mix for the ambience if desired.
>
> --
> -Mark Wieder
>  mwieder at ahsoftware.net

Pete