Initial Orientation

Dan Friedman dan at clearvisiontech.com
Wed Dec 28 12:01:16 EST 2011

Greetings!

I have a iPad project I am working on... in the resizeStack routine, I am resizing all the controls on all the cards so when they rotate the iPad, everything will update and look pretty.  This is working great!

My problem is when the app launches, apparently no "resizeStack" message is sent.  So, if the user has the devise rotated differently that when I saved the stack, the app appears in the wrong rotation.  If you then rotate the device, everything updates correctly.

I have put resizeStack messages in preOpenStack and openStack.  I also tried a "send "resizeStack" to this stack in 0 ticks"  which did not fix the problem.  If I send it in 1 second, it works but yuck!

I am sure there is a "proper" way to handle this situation... anyone know how to deal with this issue?

Thank you in advance!
-Dan