Crashing Ubuntu 11.10 with LC 4.5

David C. davidocoker at gmail.com
Tue Dec 27 21:08:55 EST 2011

On Tue, Dec 27, 2011 at 2:35 PM, Richard Gaskin
<ambassador at fourthworld.com> wrote:

> In terms of design, it's almost as big a departure from earlier versions as
> OS X is from Mac OS 9.  And as with my Mac experience, the transition was a
> bit jarring at first, and I initially complained about not being as
> productive.  But with both OS X and Unity, the more time I spend with the
> new system the more I like it.

Richard,
How would you rate your experience/satisfaction level so far, as it
applies to actual LC development using Unity?

I have to admit that I've tried Unity 2-3 times now going back to the
original RC from Ubuntu and so far I just don't much care for it...
although I'm downloading the latest to take for a test spin as I type
this. I've been a fan of Mint for several years now, but already
seriously question how well the "Mate" scenario will work out.

I'm still trying to convince myself that at the age of 55 years, I've
not already gotten so old that I cannot easily adapt to newer
technology, whatever that may be. Unfortunately, Unity has just about
caused me to throw in the towel with Gnome.

Best regards,
David C.