Trouble with button icon images

Pete pete at mollysrevenge.com
Tue Dec 27 18:03:36 EST 2011

Hi Jacque,
I tried this out.  The standalone has a substack named "revCopiedIcons".  I
added code to list the controls in that stack and it contained the standard
icons for the answer command (information, error, warning, etc) plus the
one icon I referenced in the Image library.  So it appears the standalone
builder is smart enough to include only the referenced icons.
Pete

On Mon, Dec 26, 2011 at 1:00 PM, J. Landman Gay <jacque at hyperactivesw.com>wrote:

> On 12/26/11 11:35 AM, Pete wrote:
>
>> HI Jacque,
>> Just one more follow up to this.  When the standalone is built, does it
>> include all the images in the library or just the ones that are referenced
>> in the application?  The library I created has around 700 icons in it and
>> only use perhaps a dozen or so in any one application.
>>

> I'm not sure how that would work, I always place the images so that the
> library isn't used at all. I suppose the easiest thing would be for the
> standalone builder to just include the whole library as a substack of your
> mainstack. Copying them individually would change the IDs of the images.
>
> You could find out by building a small standalone with a button that uses
> a referenced icon, and whose script answers the names of the substacks. I'm
> a little curious myself what you'll find.
>

> --

Pete