iOS: text styles

Chris Sheffield cmsheffield at me.com
Wed Dec 21 17:42:19 EST 2011

I've about driven myself crazy over this one today, but it turns out I think I may have found a bug. Either that or very strange expected behavior. So I'm wondering if someone wouldn't mind checking this for me to see if the results are the same. Should only take a couple minutes.

Create a new stack. Place one field on it. Make the stack, field, and font size large enough to read easily on an iPad (or in the simulator). Set the font of the field to Arial. In the preOpenCard handler, set the htmlText of the field. Something like:

Set the standalone settings for iPad, etc. Launch it in the simulator. Does the word "are" appear in italics? It doesn't for me. Should it? The same thing works fine in the IDE. But when run in the simulator or on a device the text is not styled. I did just try using Helvetica instead of Arial and that seems to work okay. Unfortunately, I need Arial and not Helvetica.

Anybody have any suggestions here? This is very nearly a showstopper if it's a bug. Really need this to work.

Thanks,
Chris

--
Chris Sheffield