Database syntax -- array to BLOB

Pete pete at mollysrevenge.com
Wed Dec 21 17:15:14 EST 2011

I think the problem I had with blobs is that a base64 encoded string is
text, not binary so trying to put into a column that thinks it's getting
binary data seems to mess things up.  But I don't remember for sure.  All I
know is that using base64 encoding and a text column works just fine for me.

On Wed, Dec 21, 2011 at 2:04 PM, Ruslan Zasukhin <
ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com> wrote:

> On 12/21/11 11:22 PM, "Pete" <pete at mollysrevenge.com> wrote:
>
> > The problem I had was that it just didn't work using a blob.  The encoded
> > array got stored OK but LC didn't recognise what came back as an array,
> > don't remember all the details.
>
> This can be interested feature actually.
>
> A) I not remember right now if V4REV support ARRAY to BLOB ...
>   but probably yes, should work, because we have
>        FixedBinary field
>        VarBinary field
>        BLOB field
>
>    and should be something to put binary value from REV into field.
>
>    But since array is special structure,  may be we can/need provide
>    special API func for this. E.g.  WriteArrayToBLOB( fld, array )
>
>    anyway with Valentina no need to have overhead of base64 encoding...
>

> > The default max size of a text field in SQLite is 1 million characters
> so I
> > think he'd be pretty safe.
>
> B)  BLOB/TEXT in Valentina DB  limited by huge numbers ...
>

> --
> Best regards,
>
> Ruslan Zasukhin
> VP Engineering and New Technology