File time off by an hour...

Keith (Gulf Breeze Ortho Lab) keith at gulfbreezeortholab.com
Wed Dec 21 02:04:06 EST 2011

Hi All,

I am using detailed files to obtain a file's date and time modified (converting it to short date and short time)... All works well, but I noticed the following... Several of my files have a date of 9/24/11 with a time of 2:26 PM (as shown in Windows explorer). However, when I obtain and convert the date and time in LiveCode, the date appears correctly, but the time is off by 1 hour and shows as 1:26 PM in lieu of 2:26 PM. However, when I open the file and save it, it shows the correct time after modifying the file. (The problem seems to be with older files from several months back.)

Does this have something to do with daylight savings time or something? How can I ensure that the file modified time that's shown in a LiveCode app. appears exactly as it appears in Windows explorer? FYI: I am on Central Time here...

Thanks,

- Boo