is among the words AND find words

Jim Hurley jhurley0305 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Dec 20 23:31:40 EST 2011

Thanks Bob, Good thought, but it still doesn't work.

The script:

on mouseUp
   put "now is the time, for all good men." into tText
   set wholematches to true
   --set wholematches to false
   put wordOffset("time", tText) into temp1
   put wordOffset("time," , tText) into temp2
end mouseUp

shows 0 for temp1 and 4 for temp2. The comma in "time," is need to get a match.

What I need is

   put wordOffset("time", "Now is the time, for all good men.")

to show 4 when wholeMatches is true

It appears that there is no way in LiveCode to find whole words in a variable  reliably.

Wish there were.

Jim Hurley