Database syntax

Bob Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Tue Dec 20 17:02:48 EST 2011

Sorry I didn't mean for *ALL* to include the autoincrement primary key column. :-) I meant all the others that did not use defaults, or have a value other than the default value. It's the difference between one query and three. If autoincrement is set for a column, any value passed will set the next autoincrement for the column to that value +1. So it kind of doesn't make any sense to pass a value for an autoincrement column, unless you are going to try and fill in the gaps from deleted records.

Bob