There's always a first time or tips for young players

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Wed Dec 14 23:37:47 EST 2011

Cal-

> How do I work around this misdirection? Simple in the scheme of things. I
> built a dummy preopenstack in the substack and went no further.

Yep. That'll hit everyone sooner or later. Your approach is one way to
deal with it. And if you have multiple substacks you'll need a
preOpenStack handler in each one. The same thing applies if you have
an openstack handler, closeStack, etc.

Another approach is to put the preOpenStack handler in the script of
the first card in the stack instead of in the stack script. The card
gets the message first anyway, and if there's no handler the message
gets passed on down to the stack script. But placing those handlers in
the card script keeps them out of the way of the substacks.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net